Monday, July 29, 2013

StoneFest 2013
overview of details.... looking back

 Nick Fairplay & Patrick McAffee looks sum up the weeks hard work.
It was an amazing week of transferring knowledge in stone to students, to faculty, and to the broader community that participated. This was my 8th StoneFest to attend. The first one I attended lit my passion for a relationship with stone. No where else have I participated in any event that has a focus on one material from so many different points of reference.

Stone & letter carving....with Karin Sprague & Tracy Mahaffey

Stone & Water with Scott Hackney
Add caption


Stone & Architectural carving/Sculpture
with Nick Fairplay, Alexandra Morosco, Jon Decceles


Stone & Traditional masonry with Mike Schroder & Patrick McAffee


Stone & dry stone walling building a dry stone fence &
a dry stone retaining wall. Both are Irish walls...

Entering the inner circle....

The Clochan embraced with stone!

The dry stone retaining wall from last year with coping on the left,
and the dry stone fence on the right.

The view of the  dry stone fence, Clochan, and Ditch wall in the back.

So how does one not come away from a 5 day experience with all these unique projects and instructors totally inspired? For 9 years Marenakos has put this event on to help broaden peoples relationship to stone.

If you are curious about more details of this StoneFest, past StoneFest's, or the instructors....visit the link below.
http://stonefest.org/stonefest2013/

I felt very lucky to be an instructor again and share in this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete

The Chapel Project 2019-202?

The Chapel A replica of a 14th century Irish chapel-St. MacDara's island Mid-winter of 2018/2019 a client contacted me in Sat...